About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
The primary responsibility of the Head of Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) is to oversee the creation, reporting and implementation of our social responsibility strategy, including working with operations, legal, human resources and finance teams to design and implement ESG initiatives, tracking success metrics, and managing corporate and community impact programs. This important leader should be familiar with the ESG space, including related trends and best practices, so that he or she can serve as a trusted advisor to senior-level stakeholders. This is a newly created position and reports directly to our VP, Finance.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Developing and executing an ESG strategy and program that incorporates and serves the business needs and aligns with Robinhood’s mission
- Working with the Company’s leadership in developing & managing our short-term and long-term ESG goals, strategy, and KPIs
- Partnering with Legal to address ESG-related requirements and goals
- Partnering with Human Resources to drive diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs
- Partnering with other members of the finance organization, including investor relations function, to address external messaging regarding the company’s ESG initiatives
- Analyzing external trends and benchmarks for insights to inform strategy development
- Crafting messaging to convey the company’s social responsibility commitments and policies to internal and external stakeholders, including by means of appropriate ESG reports
- Working cross-functionally with internal partners and champions for social responsibility to ensure that ESG priorities are embedded throughout the company
- Quantifying impact and value to the business and develop ongoing tracking and reporting mechanisms
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 10+ years of work experience including 3+ years in designing and implementing corporate ESG initiatives or similar
- Self-starter with with a track record of building a function from the ground up
- Proven project management skills and the ability to structure and lead collaborative efforts with cross functional teams.
- Excels at communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Innovative & creative thinker that can translating strategic thinking into action plans & results
- Analytical with the ability to leverage data to assess performance and impact
- Strong executive presence & interpersonal skills
- J.D. or MBA
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.