About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Denver, Colorado, Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
The Market Operations team at Robinhood is responsible for traditional middle office brokerage operations. Our mission is to deliver an excellent end-customer experience and mitigate firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage and financial products. We're looking for a motivated self-starter to manage our introducing broker-dealer’s trading desk. Our trading desk is responsible for Robinhood’s equities trading product, inclusive of order entry and confirmation, margin, corporate actions, market data, firm and test account management, and best execution in close partnership with Robinhood’s Clearing Firm. As a Market Operations Manager (Trading), you’ll be managing a team that executes on critical trading-related functions, and scaling this team to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. You’ll strategize operational efficiency by automating tasks, and collaborating with our product, clearing, and engineering teams to execute on equities trading product and tooling improvements. This is an opportunity to manage operations for one of Robinhood’s core products for our introducing broker-dealer.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Overseeing the forecasting, planning, and intra-day workforce management of the Trading desk
- Coordinating desk responsibilities including firm account management, trade corrections, and market data validation
- Reviewing and signing off on OATS reports
- Working closely with our engineering and product teams to design and improve Robinhood’s trading product, tools, and systems
- Assessing execution quality and leading our Best Execution Committee
- Consulting and advising on new product launches to ensure operational readiness in close partnership with our Product Operations team
- Coaching a team of Trading Specialists to help manage Robinhood’s equities trading product
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5 years experience in Brokerage Operations and/or Trading profession; Bachelor’s in finance, business, or quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of middle office brokerage operations, trading, margin, and options
- Experience interfacing with technical and non technical teams
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, Series 57, and Series 24 (or ability to maintain within 3 months)
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s financial system
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply creative problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Ability to foster conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and develop a talented team of brokers to deliver a world class experience for our customers
- Experience in retail brokerage
- SQL & Python skills
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.