About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to build out and manage the Risk program for our introducing broker-dealer. Our Risk unit is responsible for identifying, evaluating, mitigating, reporting on, and responding to risks faced by the introducing broker-dealer. As a Brokerage Risk Program Manager, you’ll be managing a team that executes on critical functions like alert monitoring and building, risk assessments, incident response, and account reviews, and scaling this team to support new risk monitoring tactics. You’ll also be the point person for all things Risk at the entity level, and partner with enterprise risk to take ownership and strengthen capabilities acrossall types of risks across Robinhood Financial LLC, including third party, margin, liquidity, market, and financial risk. You’ll strategize operational risk mitigation by automating tasks, implementing controls, monitoring areas of the brokerage, using data to drive operations decisions, and collaborating with our compliance, product, and engineering teams to execute on innovative, risk-mitigating projects. This role will be critical to building out the infrastructure to properly identify, evaluate, monitor, report, and respond to risks faced by the Robinhood’s introducing broker.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Overseeing the forecasting, planning, and intra-day workforce management of the Risk team, and growing this team to centralize risk mitigation across the entity
- Developing policies and procedures that implement Robinhood’s Enterprise Risk Management framework within Robinhood Financial
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders from the Introducing Brokerage Operations, Finance, Enterprise Risk, and Compliance teams to drive the development of the entity’s first-line risk management program
- Working with process owners in Customer Experience, Market Operations, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to support enterprise risk assessments and internal audits
- Working closely with Product and Engineering teams to help identify and mitigate technology and data risk impacting Brokerage Operations and to develop automated risk monitoring and controls
- Owning centralized Risk and Issue Management process for RHF including risk identification, evaluation, prioritization and reporting
- Defining and monitoring key risk indicators, risk reporting and thresholds at function and entity level
- Developing agendas and curating materials to facilitate business reviews and oversight committee meetings
- Coordinating Risk desk responsibilities including incident response and building out and reviewing real-time alerts and controls
- Overseeing reactive processes like restricting accounts, reviewing at-risk accounts, and coordinating customer remediation plans in the event of a system failure
- Working closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems
- Coaching a team of Risk Specialists to help manage risk for Robinhood’s business lines
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years experience in Brokerage Operations and/or Risk Management; Bachelor’s in finance, business, or quantitative field
- Strong knowledge of middle office brokerage operations, margin, and options
- Experience interfacing with technical and non technical teams
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24 (or ability to maintain within 3 months)
- Risk management expertise, including process design and risk assessments
- Strong working knowledge of market, operational, liquidity, technology, and credit risk
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Ability to assess emerging risks and design/track mitigation tactics
- Long-term thinking; ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- Be a great team leader who fosters conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and develop a talented team of brokers to deliver a world class brokerage experience for our customers
- Ability to thrive and organize through ambiguity
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Series 4 and Series 57 licenses
- Quantitative finance skills
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.