About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting to join our rapidly growing team. In this newly created role, you will be the subject matter expert on technical accounting and financial reporting matters. You will help to build and maintain the Company’s accounting policies and address technical accounting issues arising from business transactions or the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting and will be located in Menlo Park, CA.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Identify, analyze, and apply technical guidance, document accounting memos, and provide training to internal Finance and Accounting group on technical accounting matters
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company and proactively partner with stakeholders to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial performance of the company
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders within Finance and Accounting and across the company including Legal, Business and Tax
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls
- Coordinate with Legal, Tax and Treasury on periodic and ad hoc financial reporting requests
- Establish, develop and maintain Robinhood’s Accounting Policies
- Oversee the preparation and review of all statements and disclosures for financial statements
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and the annual audits
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in a technical accounting and financial reporting role
- Experience in broker-dealer industry
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance and effectively present the Company’s accounting position both in written and verbal form
- Experience working with Workiva Wdesk and Oracle Cloud
- Experience at a fintech company or high-growth startup
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.