About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a manager to lead a team of talented marketing researchers, providing direction on research strategy, giving career guidance, and facilitating cross-functional partnerships across our marketing, brand design, content, and product teams, as well as across our research teams (user research, behavioral insights research, marketing research). The role reports to the Head of Research and is part of the Research leadership team.
As a qualified candidate, you have a proven track record of building and managing teams that deliver high-quality research with measurable business and value. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to your stakeholders, including articulating the vision of the marketing research team as well as the integral role of marketing research to the business. You care deeply about people, and are excited about investing in their growth and career development.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing, mentoring, and inspiring a team of marketing researchers as they hone their craft and engage in rigorous research
- Working closely with the Head of Research to communicate and demonstrate the value of marketing research to the business
- Providing guidance on programs of research and/or individual studies, and setting expectations for quality and impact
- Ensuring your team is building the right portfolio of projects to optimize for both business goals and personal growth
- Leading and representing your team effectively through strong cross-functional relationships - substantiating the work and the decisions behind them, and advocating for a customer-centered framing of problems
- Accelerating team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the research team and cross-functional teams
- Building out your own team as we rapidly scale in 2020 and beyond
- Working closely with Behavioral Insights and User Experience Research leadership
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2-5 years of experience managing marketing research teams that include senior researchers
- 8 years of work experience in an applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Masters or PhD in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Anthropology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Deep knowledge of and applied experience with marketing research methods and when to apply them
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining top research talent
- Effectiveness in championing, growing, and upskilling researchers; demonstrated record of getting reports promoted
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills, as well as keen attention to detail
- A high degree of self-awareness
- Ability to think big and understand complex problems, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.