Robinhood is democratizing finance for all.. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
We're looking for a Product Designer to work on the Robinhood iOS, Android, and web products, on our crypto team as a cross-functional leader, to help the team find product-market fit for the Crypto product. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that has garnered significant accolades including the Apple Design Award and Google Play Award. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-growth company or at a small scale startup, is passionate about cryptocurrencies and the broader crypto ecosystem, believes in Robinhood's mission, has strong product sensibility, and is extremely customer-focused. You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Leading design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches for the cryptocurrency team.
- Setting a vision for the user experience and creating a space for others to collaborate
- Partnering closely with leadership, engineering, product, and business teams
- Rapidly producing multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Balancing customer experience and business impact with speed and quality
- Incorporating user research into design solutions
- Driving accountability for the Designers on the team, which includes full team participation in Design Reviews and ensuring releases meet design specs.
- Leading cross-functional idea generation sessions and brainstorms.
- Coaching designers on design craft, rationale and influence.
- Supporting an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Ability to design for business outcomes while remaining customer-focused
- Balancing both the customer experience and Robinhood outcomes, designing responsibility
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building excellent consumer products
- Previous experience designing crypto products for both consumer-facing mobile and web products in house
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates vision, innovation and story-telling skills in user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes and conceptual explorations
- Understanding of design systems, how to apply them, and how to contribute to them.
- Ability to design with a lot of product complexity
- Expert level skills in Figma or Sketch
- Be comfortable with/or willing to learn Figma
- Being a positive and resilient employee; embracing input with a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all.? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.