About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
We are building a financial compliance team that will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company’s financial and accounting compliance with the relevant compliance framework.
As an IT SOX Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for evaluating technical aspects of systems, databases, processes and controls; identifying and mitigating IT control gaps; partnering with business and engineering teams to support the company’s growth and expansion; and ensuring the company’s compliance over financial reporting (ie. SOX 404) and certain other regulatory requirements.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Financial Compliance. We’re looking for a strong individual with industry experience with public companies, fintech, broker dealers or other financial services or technology companies.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Participate in the initiative to establish and support the company’s SOX compliance framework including performing risk assessment, documenting walkthroughs and conducting tests of design and operational effectiveness for key IT systems and databases controls
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for key technology areas. Identify, document, and map systems and technology controls
- Assist in the annual and quarterly SOX 404 scoping, risk assessment, controls mapping and changes identification process
- Assess new processes, systems, databases, or changes to existing processes to identify financial and operational risks before launch, providing recommendations for improvement
- Advocate for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Accounting with a focus in IT)
- 5+ years of experience in financial audit/attestation, preferably in a Big Four firm or a public company’s internal audit/SOX function or a combination thereof, including IT audit, risk management, IT compliance, information security, IT program management, and/or software development
- Familiarity with source code management systems and continuous integration processes
- Knowledge and experience in Internal Control over Financial Reporting, SOX 404 framework, and the corresponding documentation and testing
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve business process or technology control gaps
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- CISA, CIA, CISSP, or CISM certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.