About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented, motivated Engineering Manager to join our engineering team and help us continue to scale as quickly as we can. In this role, you would be expected to manage the Data Infrastructure Team within the Data Org. This team is responsible for powering the distributed compute frameworks and querying infrastructure that allows teams and individuals across Robinhood get insight and understanding out of our Data. This team also supports the Core Datasets and analytics infrastructure of the company.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the ease of accessing insights from data within Robinhood by providing analytics infrastructure and efficient querying mechanisms
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
- Communicate effectively with other teams to understand and deliver the tools that will enable Robinhood teams rapidly iterate on data pipelines, building models and creating data-driven systems
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 3+ years of experience as a full-time software engineering manager
- Proven ability to coach junior engineers and interns
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in concurrency and distributed systems
- Ability to drive full-stack as well as Data Engineering projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
- Experience in operating or managing Infrastructure such as Spark, Presto, Hive is a plus
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.