About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role:
As the Payroll Analyst, you will help with all aspects of payroll for over 600+ employees. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical payroll processes. The successful candidate will be someone who is looking to contribute to a world-class payroll process and program in a rapidly growing company. This position will report to the Payroll Manager and work closely with our People team as well as the Accounting team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Process payroll for all salaried and hourly employees
- Create and keep all payroll, time tracking and year end process documentation current
- Data entry with regard to new hires, terms, bonuses, payroll calculations, deductions and garnishments
- Train employees and managers on the time and attendance system
- Assist with the payroll administration aspects of the company’s 401K as well as annual reconciliation
- Record payroll and related journal entries and reconcile accounts as part of the month-end close process
- Assist with external audits by providing supporting records and documentations
- Research, resolve and respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Maintain a useful working knowledge of company policies, procedures, government regulations and business ethics
- Manage projects and process ad-hoc tasks with minimal supervision
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- At least two years of experience with full payroll responsibility
- You are a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or a Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Experience processing salaried and hourly payrolls
- Have a strong knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to payroll processing
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of the information by protecting the privacy of our employees and their records
- Ability to manage and prioritize workloads in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluency in MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GSuite (Google Docs, Gmail)
- Comfortable with change in a fast paced environment
- Be reliable and efficient and accurate with data processing and detail oriented
- Experience with meeting frequent deadlines
- You're a proactive, independent problem solver who likes to think outside the box
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.