About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
This role is a hybrid between Business Analyst and Operations Associate. The ideal candidate will be comfortable handling day to day back office operations as well as conducting specific business analyst duties such as handling project deliverables, creating use cases, QA testing and data analysis. The candidate will be responsible for supporting securities clearing processing activities for a back-office broker/dealer including reconciliations and validity checks and should be comfortable working with both business and technology teams as well as external vendors.
The candidate should also be able to extract and manipulate data to produce reports or other output that supports brokerage and clearing activities. This is a unique opportunity in a newly developed area. Candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and design departmental processes and guidelines. Play a key role in process improvements and enhancement as well as help manage change to the platform.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Gather business requirements
- Test new systems or enhancements
- Develop ad-hoc reports or data extracts to support business operations
- Create macro capability to support high-volume data entry needs of the operations team
- Support implementation and testing efforts associated with strategic initiatives impacting the business line
- Evaluate new feature deployments
- Handle production Support and bug escalations
- Manage Business Continuity and Internal Controls
- Work on different operations related projects, define scope, set timelines and overlook the overall progress and operational deliverables from beginning to end
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Ability to multitask and take on many projects/tasks at once
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- 2+ years of experience in a financial services operations environment
- General understanding of brokerage operations and clearing functions
- Strong technical and data manipulation skills
- Solid communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing environments
- 2+ years of experience in a Broker/Dealer environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management Information Systems, or Business Management
- Series 7 License
- SQL, Python or MS Access knowledge
- Familiarity with Customer Statements, Confirms, Proxies and Prospectuses
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.