About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
The Product Compliance Manager will be an active participant on our product development teams that build products and features for Robinhood’s customers. This individual will work closely with our Risk & Compliance teams to understand and collect requirements for new products and act as the compliance subject matter expert for the product development team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the FinTech industry, an understanding of launching products in a heavily regulated industry, and proven project management experience to drive cross-functional programs to completion.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Apply domain and subject matter expertise to identify compliance requirements and ensure proper supervision procedures are in place for the product
- Be an active member of the Product Development Team and advise on the compliance requirements for the product workstream.
- Operationalize Risk & Compliance functional requirements such as product risk assessments and AML, KYC and Sanctions screening Operations
- Evaluate the pros and cons of specific products and/or features by creating documents that risk score product solutions and drive decisions through those documents
- Influence change by analyzing data and presenting product insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization
- Partner with Robinhood’s Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk and Compliance teams by updating and fielding their requests
- Partner with the communication team to message our improvements to partner teams as well as customers, regulators, and the public at large
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field, Law, Business, Finance, or other related field
- 5+ years of developing and implementing cross-functional technology strategies
- Experience in a compliance-related function at a financial services or fintech company
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- Results-oriented mentality with a strong focus on delivery of cross-functional projects
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or related field
- PMO or PMP certification
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.