About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
The Compliance Leader will work cross-functionally with operations, legal, risk and compliance teams to counsel the teams building products and features for Robinhood’s customers. This individual will be responsible for advising teams building innovative new products (pre-launch) as well as teams that support and optimize our existing products (post-launch). The ideal candidate has experience working in the FinTech industry across a wide range of financial products (investing, savings, debit card, etc.), deep knowledge of regulatory requirements, and proven project management experience to drive cross-functional programs to completion. This role will require a keen sense of both business and product needs combined with a solid understanding of compliance and technical concepts.
This position is in our Menlo Park, CA office and reports directly to our VP of Risk & Compliance.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Apply domain experience and subject matter expertise to identify compliance requirements and prioritize compliance needs/asks
- Advise Product Managers on the compliance requirements and the risk / reward trade offs within the FinTech space for products across Robinhood
- Leverage data, data science, experimentation and analytics to understand what products and features need to improve
- Identify what KPIs, data, features and events that will evidence whether success has been achieved, where it has been achieved and why
- Evaluate the pros and cons of specific products and features by creating documents that risk score product solutions and drive decisions through those documents
- Influence change by presenting product insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization
- Partner with Robinhood’s communication team to message our improvements to partner teams as well as customers, regulators, and the public at large
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field, Law, Business, Finance, or other related field
- 10+ years of developing and implementing cross-functional technology strategies
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- Results-oriented mentality with a strong focus on delivery of cross-functional projects
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or related field
- PMO or PMP certification
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.