About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are looking for an intellectually curious and enthusiastic individual to help the organization prepare for continued rapid growth by having a good understanding of risk. This role is responsible for monitoring corporate liquidity risks and investments, developing financial risk models, and assisting with investor relations analysis related to the company’s financial activities.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Assisting in developing complex liquidity risk models across entities and product lines
- Assisting in developing a range of analytical tools for Treasury and financial risk management including capital asset allocation analysis, monte carlo simulation, scenario analysis, risk modeling, time series analysis, regression forecasts, and other ad hoc analysis
- Daily monitoring and reporting of financial risks across the firm
- Building dashboards, alerts, and other monitoring tools for managing liquidity risk
- Assisting with modeling financial risks of new product initiatives
- Engaging on Corporate Treasury operations activities such as investor requests and daily payments activities
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 1-4 years relevant risk analysis experience preferably in a broker dealer, bank risk, or related financials services risk team
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Experience with common financial risk practices; VAR, Stress testing, Scenario Analysis etc
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience building financial models with programming languages such as R, Python, or other major languages
- Ability to work with and synthesize large data sets and clearly communicate results
- Ability to get things done and comfortably operating with ambiguity
- Advanced graduate degree such as an MFE or in a similar technical field
- Experience at a fintech or financial services company
- Knowledge of complex financial instruments such as derivatives, futures, swaps, swaptions, and caps
- Knowledge of broker-dealer operations and regulations
- Experience with Looker
- Working knowledge of macroeconomics including financial markets, financial instruments, CAPM models, and investment theory
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.