About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for implementing and executing the compliance functions of Robinhood Securities (“RHS”), Robinhood’s clearing broker-dealer. Reporting to Robinhood Securities Director of Compliance, this candidate will support the compliance function so that it scales to Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. The person in this role will implement, iterate and sustain the compliance program overseeing the following brokerage back-office areas: cashiering, securities processing, settlements, securities lending and reporting functional areas. One of the responsibilities is managing regulatory risk and to ensure compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. This person will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Implementing and testing internal compliance supervisory controls in areas such as new accounts, ACATS, cashiering, securities processing, stock loan, custody, settlements, trading and markets, Best EX, OATS/CAT, LOPR, AML and fraud surveillance, information technology, cybersecurity as well as books and records retention
- Executing Robinhood Securities’ back office Written Supervisory Procedures and supporting department procedures manuals
- Supporting and contributing to Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, internal and external examinations, audits and customer complaints
- Analyzing and resolving escalated issues from product, support and operations teams
- Mentoring a team of compliance professionals who will focus on building and sustaining a best in class compliance function for RHS
- Implementing measures to monitor, address and sustain regulatory change
- Integrating as a trusted support partner for operations, product, engineering, FINOP, communications, customer experience, legal and risk
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 10+ years Broker-Dealer experience
- Familiarity with clearing FINOP functions, settlement, customer protection reserves, custody of securities and operations
- Experience working with DTCC, OCC as well as FINRA and SEC regulators
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Motivation to be a self-starter while being trustworthy in an entrepreneurial environment
- Great communication and relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- FINRA Series 7, 24 and 4 (or ability to obtain Series 4) licenses
- 8+ years working in back office brokerage operations and/or compliance
- Experience completing a ROOR exam
- FINRA Series 27 and/or prior FINOP experience
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.