About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
In this role, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert analyzing financial exposures as a part of the Enterprise Risk team. This position will quantify market, credit and operational risk, ensure controls are fit for purpose, and provide research and analytical support. The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of statistical and financial modeling software and versed in industry risk management standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
This position may be located in Menlo Park, CA or Lake Mary, FL and reports directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Evaluate potential exposures across liquidity, market and trading risks, and provide research and analytical support
- Conduct model validation services for various business units and provide guidance for ongoing sufficiency
- Define risk performance indicators, quality metrics and ensure compliance with policies, standards, external requirements, roles and responsibilities
- Calculate risk / reward trade-offs to inform management decisions
- Oversee the development and implementation of information-based risk reporting capabilities
- Develop control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Ensure controls are in place over critical models to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of quantitative risk practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience conducting strategic assessments across broker dealers, banks, and other financial institutions
- Drive operational efficiencies by optimizing processes and implementing controls and technical solutions
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience with a public accounting or consulting firm advising public companies on risk and control programs
- Relevant audit, risk and control certifications, such as CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP
- Industry relevant certifications, such as Series 7 and 24
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.