About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an experienced attorney to lead our corporate, employment, and intellectual property legal functions and teams. This individual will lead the team responsible for all global corporate legal matters, including those relating to our board of directors and corporate administration efforts, such as compliance with applicable international, federal, and state law, subsidiary administration, and corporate development projects. This individual will also lead the teams that are responsible for all global employment legal matters and global intellectual property efforts. We are looking for an experienced and inspiring leader and one who is highly adaptable and collaborative. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, build and lead legal functions and teams, and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Leading corporate governance efforts, including leading all efforts related to the Board of Directors
- Leading global corporate administration efforts, including: compliance with relevant international, federal, and state laws, public company readiness, subsidiary administration, corporate development projects and real estate.
- Counseling on a range of related corporate matters such as compensation and stock administration
- Leading global legal efforts relating to employment programs, policies, benefits, documentation and litigation
- Leading global intellectual property efforts relating to patents, trademarks and brand protection
- Growing and leading a team of attorneys and legal professionals
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Finance, HR, senior leadership and other members of the Robinhood team
- Partnering with outside counsel with an eye toward driving business goals and providing world class counseling, while effectively managing time and cost
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 15+ years of legal practice experience, with at least 10+ years focused on corporate law and corporate governance
- Experience building and leading legal teams
- In-house experience at both global private and publicly traded companies, including public company readiness experience
- Experience with global employment law
- Experience with global intellectual property law
- Experience with global technology and/or financial services companies
- Membership in the California State Bar
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.