About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
We’re looking for a marketing researcher to join the research team. You’ll help us understand user needs and develop marketing and communications strategy that will drive user growth and engagement. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, loves collaboration, and is curious and flexible.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact research questions
- Planning and leading research projects end-to-end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research to achieve our marketing objectives
- Collaborating with marketing to identify key users and define relevant questions around user needs, attitudes, and engagement
- Answering those questions with a strong command of qualitative and quantitative methods – especially survey development and related data analysis
- Integrating alternate data sources (primary and secondary research, campaign analytics, attribution metrics, etc.) to inform and support research
- Translating research insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, communications, marketing strategy, user acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 6-8+ years of qualitative/quantitative research experience; it can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and academic research
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- Record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact
- Knowledge of brand and advertising research, including marketing effectiveness
- Experience directing agencies/vendors
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Love and care for your craft
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.