About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an experienced Head of Stock Administration, who will be responsible for all things stock administration related, including administration of the company’s global equity incentive program. This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with global equity incentive programs and has experience at a public company.
The Head of Stock Administration role is an excellent opportunity to be the first stock administrator at a high-growth, mission-driven company and build the stock administration function from the ground up. The role requires someone who has experience operating in a high-paced technology company environment with the associated reporting deadlines and requires 'out of the box' thinking to make processes more efficient and streamlined. The ideal candidate must be strategic yet detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills and be very hands-on.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting design of the company’s equity compensation programs
- Designing the company’s end-to-end process for stock administration, ensuring checks and balances are in place to achieve accuracy throughout the process
- Partnering closely with legal, HR and Accounting to ensure teams are in sync, and improvements are prioritized and actioned
- Over time, you will hire and supervise supporting personnel for stock administration
- Processing daily option exercises, ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to Payroll, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades
- Maintain database integrity and ensure accuracy of recordkeeping of equity data using Carta
- Understanding of stock compensation expense calculations and ability to forecast, reconcile and perform analysis as required
- Experience working with Black Scholes assumptions for option valuation
- Ability to develop, implement and improve the stock administration process with consideration given to SOX requirements
- Maintain accurate employee data within the stock administration database
- Assist with processing new equity awards and distribution of online grant agreements
- Perform reconciliation of records between Stock Administration, HR, and Payroll
- Provide excellent customer service to equity participants at all levels and to partners across departments and respond quickly to employee questions in a courteous and satisfactory manner
- Provide necessary schedules to help with the annual financial statement audit
- Assist with other projects as assigned
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 8+ years of total experience with escalating levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to process improvement, attention to detail and high standards
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation, as well as general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation
- Experience with financial reporting requirements related to the stock plan
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Demonstrated professionalism, reliability, moral integrity and sound judgment
- Experience working cross-functionally with HR and legal as well as compensation committees and Boards
- Prior supervisory experience
- Public company experience
- CEP designation is preferred
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.