About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Technical Program Manager to support our Software Platform team. The role will be centralized within our growing Technical Programs team, and will work closely with the Software Platform team to improve their overall strategy, communication, and collaboration processes. As a Technical Program Manager, you will act as the Software Platform team’s liaison to the various engineering teams within Robinhood, and you will work with them to better understand their requirements and expectations of the Software Platform team. You will also be responsible for establishing a collaborative relationship with security, compliance, and business teams to ensure that the team’s strategy and plans are in alignment with the business, and has buy-in from various orgs. You will help the Software Platform team align internally on team principles and identity, and help establish the appropriate decision making frameworks for the team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Help evangelize the Software Platform team’s plans and overall strategy.
- Liaise with backend, product and data engineering teams to ensure alignment with Software Platform’s initiatives and goals
- Work with Security Engineering to establish a framework to operationalize tasks such as security upgrades, patch management, etc.
- Work with the Director of Engineering for Software Platform to establish team principles and a team identity to help the team scale with the company.
- Work closely with the legal and regulatory arms of the company to ensure any compliance and legal requirements are captured accurately.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual process.
- Experience with managing engineering programs at scale.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams.
- Familiarity with Python, or similar dynamic programming languages.
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.