About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a design manager to lead a team of talented product designers, providing design direction, giving career guidance, and facilitating cross-functional partnerships across our product and engineering teams. This person will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy, and impact our product execution and quality. Ultimately, this person will enable her team to execute best-in-class work.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, and innovate. You’re a natural champion for your craft and care deeply about people. You have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop web, and email, and have an impressive body of work that has clearly accelerated business goals.
You thrive in fast-paced environments, and are comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives that care deeply about creating beautiful, high-impact products.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing, mentoring, and inspiring a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Pushing the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and exploring divergent concepts
- Influencing product strategy and design execution across iOS, Android, web, and email
- Leading and representing your team effectively - substantiating the work and the decisions behind them, and advicating for user-centered design
- Building cross-functional relationships and advocating for the needs of the Robinhood design studio
- Accelerating team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Background in product design (UX/UI), with a focus on mobile
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, color)
- Applied experience with design tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Applied experience with prototyping tools: Framer, Principle, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.