About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our product and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more. This role is within the DevOps Partners team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Having a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up
- Mentor and onboard new engineers as the team grows
- Partner and embed with critical product vertical and platform teams
- Ensure that all infrastructure related needs are met
- Ensure that up-coming project needs are communicated clearly to the larger infrastructure group so that they can be prioritized
- Meet the customer team where they are and help them to progress on the journey toward reliability best practices
- Represent Robinhood in the technology community
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience authoring and operating high-scale services
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Extremely data-driven
- Ability to debug complex systems
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Strong open source contributions
Core Tech Stack:
- Agile Scrum and Kanban
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks (Cypress.io, Jenkins, Appium, UIAutomation, Bazel, etc)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Airflow, etc)
- Linux internals and network configuration and protocols
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.