About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an engineering manager for the Discovery Products team. The Discovery Products team aims to deliver a unique, engaging experience that empowers our customers to take the next step in their financial journey. The team consists of iOS, Android, Web, and Backend engineers that own products like Search, Newsfeed, and Lists. This team will partner with our Data team to pioneer recommendation and personalization within Robinhood’s products.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Product Management & Design to craft and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- You’ll partner with the Data organization to create personalized products, including recommendation engines.
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- You have 2+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in building customer-facing products to recognize the important moments your team faces and give meaningful advice.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have delivered ranking and personalization consumer products.
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Postgres, and Kafka.
- You may have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You may have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.