Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a Design Program Manager to work on the Robinhood iOS, Android, web products, and marketing. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that has garnered significant accolades including the Apple Design Award and Google Play Award. The ideal candidate has deep experience working with creative/design teams and understands how to integrate process with creative minds.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting the design team by acting as a bridge between the design team, development and product management teams, connecting all groups and making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively
- Identifying team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Implementing and driving required changes to make sure designers are working at optimum efficiency
- Collaborating with Design team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes
- Bringing all the critical pieces together – strategy, business goals, design, execution, technology, and customer needs
- Establishing project timelines and tasks and managing large offline projects through all phases of implementation
- Defining and creating a process to receive design requests and prioritize them
- Owning the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through production and release
- Defining projects for the Experience Design team (specifically visual design and prototyping teams)
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of production/project management
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies
- Thorough understanding of the creative development processes
- Ability to understand complex programs, scope and prioritize projects, define schedules, and work independently
- Know online and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions.
- Hands-on expertise with HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and/or Flex
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.