About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Corporate Development Manager to accelerate Robinhood’s product roadmap through mergers and acquisitions, lead strategic partnership and investment opportunities, and inform Robinhood’s corporate strategy. You will seek to understand the strategic landscape, and will identify potential acquisitions across existing and future market verticals and geographies. You will build Robinhood’s network, and create strategic partnerships that may lead to strategic investments or acquisition. You will work closely with deal sponsors across Robinhood to lead deal structuring, negotiation, due diligence, and ultimately integration. You will present acquisition opportunities to the company leadership, facilitate key acquisition decisions, and provide post-acquisition performance updates. The ideal candidate is strategic, relationship-oriented, analytical, creative, and results-oriented.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Analyzing Robinhood’s strategic landscape, gathering competitive industry intelligence, and sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing on M&A transactions
- Leading deal evaluation meetings, driving decision-making, and negotiating deals with objectivity, diplomacy, and effectiveness
- Creating strategic partnerships that provide the opportunity for strategic investment or eventual acquisition
- Building scalable processes and best practices for Robinhood’s Growth Partnerships & Corporate Development functions
- Developing strong relationships with Robinhood executives, advisors, entrepreneurs and investors in the technology and financial services communities
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 8+ years experience in corporate development, finance, partnerships, or strategy roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Deep knowledge of digital/mobile business models and consumer technology
- Resourceful, persistent and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and related tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or other advanced degree with experience in a related field
- Prior experience in corporate development a fast-scaling consumer-facing technology company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.