About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
In this role, you’ll serve as the information security subject matter expert on our Enterprise Risk team. This position will oversee organization-wide risk management activities and will drive improvements in the quality and management of sensitive information assets. The successful candidate will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise governance framework for policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Implement an enterprise-wide program, with a focus on organization policies and standards, key principles, governance metrics, processes, security and data architecture
- Oversee the implementation of the enterprise risk program roadmap, including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Serve as a liaison between business, functional areas and technology to ensure that business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Define key performance indicators and quality metrics to ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Provide thought leadership and participate cross-functionally on projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and engineering
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience within financial services
- Knowledge of information security practices related to the management of enterprise information assets and methodologies
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience conducting strategic assessments across banks, broker dealers, or other financial institutions
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing controls and technical solutions
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Advanced degree in Economics, Engineering, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years experience with a public accounting or consulting firm advising public companies on risk and control programs
- Relevant audit, risk and control certifications, such as CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP
- Industry relevant certifications, such as Series 7 and 24
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.