About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
As a core member of our QA team, you’ll directly impact the lifeline of the business by maintaining a high bar for quality of our award winning iOS, Android apps as well as Web app. You’ll own major features, working closely with different disciplines across the company.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building test plans for new features and improvising on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback
- Executing tests on our weekly beta release candidates for iOS, Android, Web app.
- Owning features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, Data Engineers and Customer Support
- Identifying areas for automation and writing automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, reliability and catching regressions.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Strong quality sense and experience working closely with mobile and web client development teams
- Excellent communication skills and passion for tough technical problems
- Attention to detail and voice of customer experience
- Experience automating end to end UI tests for mobile and web apps
- Experience in championing customer feedback post-launch and bringing it to the attention of relevant teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Familiarity with consumer centric Mobile and Web app testing
- Product intuition and user empathy
- Experience ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms
- Understanding of the importance of test plans and how to approach writing informative bug reports
- Self-drive to improve the app experience above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python, Swift for iOS, Espresso for Android, TestCafe for Web
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.