About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an experienced Legal Operations professional to support the operations of its legal team and function. This includes goal setting and tracking, planning and budgeting, team and professional development, administering and managing company-wide legal programs, overseeing and administering legal vendors and outside counsel guidelines, and sourcing and implementing relevant technologies and tools.
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring professional and one who is highly adaptable and collaborative. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, to help build legal functions and teams, and to contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting legal team operations, goal setting and tracking, and team and professional development.
- Administering and project managing company legal team programs.
- Administering legal vendors such as outside counsel and implementing outside counsel legal guidelines.
- Sourcing and implementing legal technology and tools (e.g., law firm billing, e-sign, etc.)
- Working cross-functionally with teams throughout the company, including finance, recruiting, HR, enterprise risk management, compliance, and operations
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- 8+ years experience in the areas of legal operations or legal program management in-house or at a law firm.
- Experience with legal professional development.
- Experience sourcing and implementing legal team technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, etc.).
- Experience building cross-functional company relationships and leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and effect change and process improvements.
- Ability to engage proactively and lead initiatives.
- Ability to develop solutions for a diverse range of complex issues.
- Excellent strategic and tactical execution skills. Adept at managing multiple, complex priorities and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- Experience in-house within a hyper-growth company (preferably tech) in a legal operations lead role.
- Excellent strategic thinking and tactical execution skills.
- Adept at managing multiple, complex priorities and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- Ability to inspire and lead others to success and influence to high performance.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.