About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are building an Internal Audit Team that will be responsible for overseeing an annual company-wide risk assessment and the delivery of audits on the internal audit plan. These audit reports will be presented to the senior leadership team and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly into the Head of Internal Audit. We’re specifically looking for internal audit professionals with deep industry experience in broker dealer, banking or financial services or for analysts with deep technical expertise in data analytical techniques to execute audit procedures.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Support the execution of Robinhood internal audit plan
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations, including interpreting the significance of audit findings, concluding on findings and making practical recommendations for remediation
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for key Process and operational areas
- Plan, execute, and report-out on various types of audits, including post-remediation validation
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Data, Operations, Finance and Third Party Risk Management
- Proactively interacting with business teams to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Develop and/or maintain the audit framework, process and tools
- Advocate and implement for continuous improvement in our internal controls
- Communicate with and educate process owners effectively, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Auditor
- Facilitating internal and external communications, including interacting with regulators
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 6+ years of auditing experience in a public accounting firm or large company, including Brokerage and clearing business, process operations, customer experience, regulatory compliance, legal, finance and third party risk management
- Experience in leading SOC 1 and similar attestation reviews
- 4+ years of financial services industry experience
- Ability to partner with operations, finance, engineering, data and product teams to strengthen controls environment using automated techniques
- Experience in end-to-end project management and independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects/initiatives
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a experienced manner and creatively break down complex scenarios into manageable chunks
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and "outside-the-box" approach to reach a solution
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience in leveraging data analytics to execute audit procedures using data analysis tools and techniques. Experience using data analytical tools, analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.