About The Company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As a Product Manager focused on compliance at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for building functionality as well as integrating 3rd party solutions that enable Robinhood to comply with all laws and regulations and reduce risk to the firm. In this role, you will work closely with many cross functional teams, including legal, compliance, risk and our operations teams, to set goals, prioritize work, define product requirements, then partner with designers, engineers, data analysts, and content specialists to design, develop, and deploy solutions. The ideal candidate will have several years of tenure in a product management role at a start-up, experience in financial services and working with vendors, good knowledge of regulatory requirements across a range of financial products (brokerage, savings, etc.) and markets (US, UK, etc.). This position can be based in our Menlo Park, CA, Denver, CO, or Lake Mary, FL office. This individual will be a part of Robinhood’s product management team and report into the director of product management for business automation
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Internalizing regulatory requirements and working with Robinhood’s governance, risk, compliance (GRC) team to quantify the risks that we face as a firm
- Establishing OKRs for the team as well as product/release specific key results
- Partnering with design, engineering, content, and other teams to design, develop, and deploy solutions that address the risks we face. This activity may also involve identifying, evaluating and integrating 3rd party solutions
- Writing product requirements and technical specification documents
- Running experiments to validate hypotheses and measuring the impact of a product/feature or release on KPIs
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in technical field, finance, business
- 5+ years of working experience inside a technology or financial services company
- 3+ years product management experience
- Demonstrated success shipping B2C products in a highly regulated industry
- Demonstrated success working with 3rd party providers/vendors to deploy solutions
- Proficiency project managing cross functional workstreams
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements and the risks financial services firms face delivering products and services to customers
- Data driven approach, including the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal both with technical audiences and with senior level stakeholders
- Self-starter and proven track record taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, experience as an engineer
- Prior experience in a legal or compliance product role
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.