About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a senior leader to lead our growing technical program management team, and help develop the fledgling technical program management function within engineering. The ideal candidate has a passion for building and scaling technical programs and technical program management teams. person in this role would help us establish industry-leading operating principles for technical programs within Robinhood, and help scale the technical program management function across various engineering teams. Centralized within the Information Security and Privacy team, this role will need to work cross-functionally with engineering, risk, compliance, and legal functions in order to be successful.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Mentoring and career development of technical program managers and group managers within the TPM org
- Identifying and establishing appropriate mechanisms for functional mechanisms for engineering managers to interface with program management teams
- Recruiting stellar TPMs for various engineering teams within Robinhood
- Working closely with engineering leaders to help set strategy and ensure programs are built sustainably
- Working closely with the Product team to ensure a smooth hand-off from product to operational programs where necessary
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience managing technical program managers and project managers
- Experience working closely with engineering and product teams
- Experience working at a high-growth company and scaling rapidly
- Experience working with Information Security and Privacy teams
- Finance and broker/dealer experience
- Experience working in regulatory environments
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.