About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Corporate Infrastructure (CorpInfra) Engineer to join our growing Corporate Engineering team. As the first CorpInfra Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, deploying and scaling our rapidly growing corporate infrastructure including network architecture, VPN, and cloud technologies. You will have the ability to influence early decisions around architecture and platforms around the various Corporate Infrastructure elements.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing the existing Corporate Infrastructure such as LAN, WAN, WiFi, VPN, AWS etc.
- Designing and implementing a highly available and reliable global enterprise network and associated communications systems across all Robinhood locations
- Designing and deploying scalable remote access technologies
- Commision appropriate monitoring tools and alerting systems to ensure timely detection of issues and outages.
- Act as an escalation point for troubleshooting complex Infrastructure issues.
- Working with Support Engineers in identifying opportunities for automation or other improvements, including creating self-service capabilities where applicable.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Expert level knowledge and experience in various networking technologies including but not limited to Routing protocols, Switching, WAN, WiFi, 802.1x, VoIP, VPN.
- Comfortable working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Familiarity with modern configuration management and containerization systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet,Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- A keen interest in scale, security, automation, and improving productivity.
- Ability to juggle multiple problems and being scrappy about solving the right problems.
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, Corporate Engineering, IT teams.
- Understanding, and experience on the Zero Trust security model for network deployment.
- Customer Contact Center technologies (preferably cloud based) experience
- Cloud Video conference platform experience (such as Zoom, Meet)
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., git, Jenkins)
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.