About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure for our products and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Target the highest profile problems within engineering at Robinhood, work to deliver a solution in a highly accelerated way with a repeatable, reusable pattern, template or framework for teams going forward facing similar problems
- Identify high impact classes of problems and design and implement general solutions with high return on investment
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to automate test development and execution up and down the testing pyramid, including unit, API and integration testing
- Provide the infrastructure to automate and standardize how software is built, versioned and deployed to target environments
- Accelerate Kubernetes Adoption, provide compute, network, storage plus abstractions to interface with PAAS frameworks to automate, standardize and abstract common infrastructure
- Transition the organization to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes via a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Provide scalable, robust software and infrastructure for DAG workflows
- Provide a best in industry messaging platform with schema enforcement, exactly once delivery, pub-sub and more
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience authoring and operating high-scale services
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Extremely data-driven
- Ability to debugging complex systems
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Strong open source contributions
Core Tech Stack:
- Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, etc.
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Postgres, Airflow, Consul, etc)
- Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.