About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join our new Support Automation team in Denver. This role is the embodiment of one of Robinhood’s core values--”insane customer focus”.
Support Automation intends to make every trade better by providing a world-class support experience. We look at every facet of your trading experience and proactively solve your problems before they happen, or we make sure your problem is solved as fast as humanly possible. We partner and embed with the customer operations team--the folks you talk to if our automation cannot solve your problem upfront--to make sure we tackle new problems as they arise. Robinhood was built from the ground up to be as efficient as possible--we are able to maintain a lean bottom-line and pass the savings along to you, the customer. Support Automation is critical to running lean without compromising on quality.
We need a software engineer who can hit the ground running as a tech lead, directly creating the critical distributed systems and machine learning workflows required to create magical customer support experiences.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Build the technical foundation for Robinhood’s entire customer support organization and experience.
- Build solid distributed systems, machine learning pipelines, and automated workflows (plus the React-based tools to control them if that’s your thing).
- Mentor and onboard new engineers as the team grows.
- Partner and embed with our customer operations teams and leaders in Denver, Lake Mary, and Menlo Park.
- Be an active leader in our new Denver office, making it an amazing place to work and ensuring strong communication across Robinhood’s offices.
- Represent Robinhood in the Denver tech community.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- Experience with Go and Python.
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance.
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals.
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems.
- Experience working across offices and timezones.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience with machine learning (Tensorflow, Pytorch) and big data tools (Spark, Presto, Hadoop).
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience with modern build systems such as Buck, Bazel, and Pants.
- Strong open source contributions.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.