About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a web engineer to join our new Support Automation team in Denver. This role is the embodiment of one of Robinhood’s core values--”insane customer focus”.
Support Automation intends to make every trade better by providing a world-class support experience. We look at every facet of your trading experience and proactively solve your problems before they happen, or we make sure your problem is solved as fast as humanly possible. We partner and embed with the customer operations team--the folks you talk to if our automation cannot solve your problem upfront--to make sure we tackle new problems as they arise. Robinhood was built from the ground up to be as efficient as possible--we are able to maintain a lean bottom-line and pass the savings along to you, the customer. Support Automation is critical to running lean without compromising on quality.
We need a software engineer who can hit the ground running, directly creating the internal tools and React UIs required to create magical customer support experiences.
In this role you will:
- Build the technical foundation for Robinhood’s entire customer support organization and experience
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other developers
- Build automated workflows and the React-based tools to control them
- Mentor and onboard new engineers as the team grows
- Partner and embed with our customer operations teams and leaders in Denver, Lake Mary, and Menlo Park
- Be an active leader in our new Denver office, making it an amazing place to work and ensuring strong communication across Robinhood’s offices
- Represent Robinhood in the Denver tech community
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for supporting power users and building developer tools
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Experience working across offices and timezones
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience with Go and Python
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Rust or ReasonML
- Experience with machine learning (Tensorflow, Pytorch) and big data tools (Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with modern build systems such as Buck, Bazel, and Pants
- Strong open source contributions
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.