About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! As our People Operations Manager, you'll help make Robinhood an amazing place to work where our employees can grow and thrive as part of a community they belong in. By partnering with key leadership across multiple functions, you’ll set our employees up for tackling some of the toughest problems in the financial & tech industries. You'll be a critical member of the People team in helping to build and maintain initiatives, manage operational processes, and deliver programs that help people succeed.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting leaders & aligning people strategy with business goals: By working alongside business leaders, you’ll bring together your people expertise with knowledge of our business to deliver people strategies that help grow and develop our talent
- Being the first point of contact for our manager and leaders: You’ll leverage your experience in employee relations, compensation, feedback, and conflict resolution to coach managers and leaders through sticky employee situations
- Managing organizational change: You’ll collaborate with other People team members to effectively communicate and land organizational changes by advocating for department-specific needs and facilitating company-wide communications and trainings
- Supporting & advising compensation design: By partnering directly with our compensation team, you’ll help make decisions to align our culture with our reward strategies while ensuring internal equity
- Coaching and developing managers: You’ll look for ways to strengthen our managers through coaching, mentoring, and learning opportunities
- Supporting execution of people initiatives: From data entry to ad-hoc administrative work, you’re ready to jump in and do what it takes to support our people operations and programs
- Growing and developing other people team members: As our site manager, you’ll also be responsible for managing and developing our People team members based in Lake Mary and supporting their careers in the people space
- Leading the vision and culture for our Lake Mary office: You’ll be responsible for championing and stewarding the culture of Lake Mary Office and ensuring that all our employee voices are heard
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- At least 5 years of people operations or HR business partner experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- At least 4 years of people management experience
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.