About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for our first Corporate Development Lead to drive Robinhood’s growth by evaluating and identifying potential acquisitions & other long-term strategic initiatives across existing and future market verticals and geographies. The ideal candidate is able to collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Business, Legal, Finance, and People, drive decisions, lead negotiations, and facilitate post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Analyzing Robinhood’s strategic objectives, gathering competitive industry intelligence, and sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing on strategic M&A transactions
- Building key internal processes and artifacts for the firm’s corporate development function
- Leading meetings, driving decision making, and negotiating deals with objectivity, diplomacy, and effectiveness
- Building scalable processes and best practices for Robinhood’s Corporate Development function
- Developing strong relationships with Robinhood executives and external entrepreneurs and investors in the technology and financial services communities
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of experience on a corporate development team and/or at a top-tier private equity, investment banking, or consulting firm
- Critical eye & attention to detail
- Demonstrated courage to advocate for or against transactions with company leadership
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of market opportunities in financial services & technology, and map out strategic transactions to drive Robinhood’s vision forward
- Ability to work across diverse teams including external CEOs, Robinhood leadership, Engineering, Product, Operations, Business, Legal, and People teams with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading a deal process from start to finish
- MBA preferred
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.