About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Corporate Development Lead to drive Robinhood’s growth by evaluating and identifying potential acquisitions & other long term strategic initiatives across existing and future market verticals and geographies. The ideal candidate is able to collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Business, Legal, Finance and People, drive decisions, lead negotiations, and facilitate post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Analyze Robinhood’s strategic objectives, gather competitive industry intelligence, and source, evaluate, negotiate, and execute on strategic M&A transactions.
- Build key internal processes and artifacts for the firm’s corporate development function.
- Lead meetings, drive decision making, and negotiate deals with objectivity, diplomacy, and effectiveness. Build scalable processes and best practices for Robinhood’s Corporate Development function.
- Develop strong relationships with Robinhood executives and external entrepreneurs and investors in the technology and financial services communities.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience on a corporate development team and/or at a top-tier private equity, investment banking, or consulting firm.
- Critical eye & attention to detail. Demonstrated courage to advocate for or against transactions with company leadership.
- Strong strategic thinking. Able to develop a deep understanding of market opportunities in financial services & technology, and map out strategic transactions to drive Robinhood’s vision forward.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work across diverse teams including external CEOs, Robinhood leadership, Engineering, Product, Operations, Business, Legal, and People teams. Be seen as a trusted advisor with Robinhood’s best interests in mind.
- Experience leading a deal process from start to finish.