About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
The Global Sanctions Lead will be responsible for designing and running Sanctions operations at Robinhood and maintaining policy level oversight of the Customer Onboarding team. Responsibilities for this role include implementing scalable processes and identifying potential areas of vulnerability. This position will handle escalations from cross-functional teams and will coordinate with our Security and Data teams to enhance the program, and to build out screening for the international program.
The Global Sanctions Lead role will be part of the compliance organization and be based in Menlo Park, CA.
As the Global Sanctions Lead you will:
- Build, scale and manage the Sanctions operations team
- Implement and own the enterprise-wide Sanctions Screening program, validation, risk assessments and enhancements
- Bring in technology to assist in automating the sanctions screening process
- Oversee the compliance escalation process for onboarding exceptions and KYC (Know Your Customer) processes
- Manage the team towards agreed upon service level agreements for screening and customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
- Build out compliance testing programs for Sanctions screening and Customer Onboarding
- Create and update metrics and reporting dashboards for all levels of management
- Implement internal testing on sanctions and own communication of trends to the Risk & Compliance Leadership Team
Some things we consider critical to being the Global Sanctions Lead:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, or other Liberal Arts degree
- 8+ years working in Sanctions/KYC related financial operations
- Strong understanding of brokerage operation (or financial services) and compliance functions
- Superior expertise, investigative skills and working knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Reg S-ID and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team and multiple priorities
- FINRA Series 7, series 24, Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation,
- Management experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls, experience with SQL, Python
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.