About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We're looking for an exceptional Head of Learning & Development to build the foundations of learning ecosystems at Robinhood. You'll help our talent achieve their full potential, and will develop employees, managers, and leaders. This person will assess the company's learning needs, prioritize the biggest opportunities, and deliver learning and development programs to help us scale. You'll partner closely with functional People Partners and our business leaders to design and deliver learning initiatives, conduct frequent user research, and measure impact. Our Head of L&D will also drive the company-wide growth mindset that fuels our mission.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Setting Robinhood's company-wide learning & development strategy to help us make better decisions about our talent and anticipate growth needs
- Conducting needs analyses and build foundational learning systems to develop our employees, managers, and leaders
- Driving the most impactful learning initiatives (e.g. upgrading onboarding experience) to invest in values and behaviors that accelerate our company effectiveness
- Bringing a rigorous approach, informed by results-oriented research and methods, to drive change that last
- Empowering employees to feel ownership over their careers, and to feel connected to resources to help them learn and grow
- Objectively assessing the impact and effectiveness of learning systems
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 7+ years of progressive impact in L&D, organizational development, manager training, employee education, onboarding, coaching, leadership development, performance management, talent management, or similar areas
- Expertise building and scaling learning initiatives in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Experience deciding how best to resource learning initiatives, drawing from a mix of external vendors, consultants, internal experts, learning management systems, and bespoke company trainings
- Demonstrated ability to apply experience and learning theory in a practical manner, optimized for maximized learning effectiveness
- Presentation and trust-building skills to influence change and engage audiences of all levels
- BA or MA in organizational development, learning, management, human resources, or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in instructional design, learning content development, or behavioral change practices
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.