About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced engineers to help detect and reduce risk to Robinhood. The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding the different risk vectors at a fast growing company and building engineering solutions to mitigate these risks. This team is part of the Data Team at Robinhood.
In this role you will:
- Work with stakeholders across teams such as Finance, Market Operations, Fraud Operations and Compliance to understand the biggest risks to Robinhood
- Build real-time risk monitoring systems to mitigate the biggest risks to Robinhood.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to build statistical stress testing platforms to quantify risk exposure under various scenarios including black swan events.
- Work on our real-time fraud engine to keep bad actors out of Robinhood by using machine learning to quantify the riskiness of user actions on the Robinhood platform.
- Work closely with the fraud operations team to build tools to detect and investigate fraud rings.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with Kafka, Spark or other similar technologies
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for learning about the Financial Systems and owning projects end to end
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Experience in building Risk monitoring systems in the Financial Services industry
- Deep knowledge of the financial industry and the various instruments such as equities, options etc
- Experience of building fraud detection and prevention systems
Technologies we use:
- Faust ~ Built and open sourced by our team
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.