About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Commission and Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal to learn more.
Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC) and Robinhood Crypto, LLC.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert on data privacy matters as a part of the Enterprise Risk team. This position will oversee organization-wide data governance activities and will drive improvements in the quality and management of sensitive data and information assets. The successful candidate will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk.
As an Enterprise Risk, Data Governance Lead you'll:
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Work with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develop complex queries and provide reports
- Oversee the implementation of the enterprise data governance roadmap, including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Serve as a liaison between business and functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Develop control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Ensure controls are in place over applications to ensure the data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT
Some things we consider critical to being an Enterprise Risk, Data Governance Lead:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience conducting strategic assessments across banks, broker dealers, and other financial institutions
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing controls and technical solutions
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Advanced degree is a plus but not required
- 5+ years experience with a public accounting or consulting firm advising public companies on risk and control programs
- Relevant audit, risk and control certifications, such as CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP
- Industry relevant certifications, such as Series 7 and 24
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.