About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Commission and Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal to learn more.
Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC) and Robinhood Crypto, LLC.
About the Role
The Crypto Compliance Lead will manage Robinhood’s day-to-day crypto compliance operations and assume the Chief Compliance Officer (and AML Compliance Officer) role for the Robinhood Cryptocurrency entity. Responsibilities include maintaining regulatory compliance, managing regulatory reporting, managing state regulatory exams, renewing state licenses and maintaining written supervisory procedures. The Crypto Compliance Lead will be part of the compliance organization and be based in Menlo Park, CA.
As a Crypto Compliance Lead you'll:
- Take ownership of the regulatory relationships, monitor federal and state regulations, respond to inquiries and submit required reporting to ensure compliance
- Lead the annual Robinhood Crypto Anti-Money-Laundering audit and implement resolutions to any findings
- Participate in Robinhood Crypto governance committees and parent company compliance committees
- Partner with parent company experts to execute a robust Anti-Money-Laundering, Know Your Customer and fraud program
- Manage and monitor all customer complaints, state license renewals, state regulatory exams and remediations
- Identify inefficiencies in operational processes, then design and implement solutions
- Document, maintain, and improve standard operating procedures
Some things we consider critical to being the Crypto Compliance Lead:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, or other Liberal Arts degree
- 8+ years operational, risk, or compliance experience, ideally in a financial services or tech company context
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, and Series 63
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations and consumer technology
- Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- MBA or JD
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and mechanics
- Cryptocurrency, foreign exchange, or securities market industry experience
- Retail customer experience
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.