About the Company:
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role:
As a core member of our QA team, you’ll directly impact the lifeline of the business by maintaining a high bar for quality of our award winning iOS, Android apps as well as Web app. You’ll own major features, working closely with different disciplines across the company.
In this role you will:
- Build test plans for new features and improvise on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback
- Execute tests on our weekly beta release candidates for iOS, Android, Web app.
- Own features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, Data Engineers and Customer Support
- Identify areas for automation and write automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, reliability and catching regressions.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Strong quality sense and experience working closely with mobile and web client development teams.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for tough technical problems
- Attention to detail and voice of customer experience
- Experience automating end to end UI tests for mobile and web apps.
- Experience in championing customer feedback post-launch and bringing it to the attention of relevant teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- You are familiar with consumer centric Mobile and Web app testing.
- You have product intuition and user empathy.
- You enjoy ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- You understand the importance of test plans and how to approach writing informative bug reports.
- You're self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what's outlined in the spec.
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python, Swift for iOS, Espresso for Android, TestCafe for Web