About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
The AML EDD Associate, you will be responsible for diligence and periodic reviews of high risk customers and screening customers against various industry and sanction lists. This person will be responsible for ensuring the Firm’s compliance with Firm policy, SEC, FINRA and related regulations.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Perform enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews of all assigned high risk customers. Use customer risk scoring models in accordance with departmental processes and procedures
- Conducting data analysis/ mining to identify high risk customers
- Documenting EDD review findings in the appropriate databases to include all pertinent facts
- Reviewing, resolving and/ or escalating alerts or other adverse news screening and other screening
- Conducting periodic reviews of high and medium risk customers as required by policy
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years working in compliance investigative/ technical experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Masters degree
- SQL, VBA or basic programming skills
- Management experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls