About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We're looking for an exceptional People Operations Director to grow our culture and employee experience at Robinhood. This role will be a leadership position within our People function, which includes Recruiting and People Operations/HR. You will build and inspire our People Operations generalist and specialist teams, including People Partners, Compensation, Benefits & Wellness, Learning & Development, Diversity, Inclusion & Belongingness, and more. This person will be responsible for growing and empowering our current talent on the team, as well as attracting and developing new talent. You will support the team in driving strategic change management initiatives and delivering quality programs, while measuring your teams' impact on the company. This role collaborates closely with our Director of Recruiting and will report to our VP of People.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Collaborating with our current People Operations/HR teams, Recruiting, employees, managers, and leaders, on designing and delivering on our vision and functional objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Deepening partnerships with all functions of Robinhood, and be a vocal advocate for our employees and company values
- Hiring, growing, and empowering all People Operations HR teams: People Partners (including Community and Programs roles); and Specialists across Compensation; Benefits & Wellness; Learning & Development; Diversity, Inclusion & Belongingness; Global Mobility; People Analytics; Employee Relations; and Strategy/Technology/Operations
- Empowering teams to deliver on critical strategic goals and objectives and key results (OKRs), while also seeing around corners and building vision for what's next
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 12+ years of experience in People Operations, HR generalist, or HR specialist (Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, etc.) roles, and/or senior partnership roles in other disciplines
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager
- Expertise in advocating for People Operations/HR and developing deep, trusting relationships at all levels -- from new grad employees to C-suite executives
- Strong empathy and change management skills to scale teams through hyper growth and rapid change
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.