About the Company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
As an Android Developer Experience engineer, you will help us shape the foundation and infrastructure that our Android app is built on top of and enable the team to operate and work efficiently as our team and code base exponentially scale. The goal of the Android DevXP team is to make the Android development experience at Robinhood the best in class. Since your primary customers are the Android UI engineers, your responsibilities include everything that can optimize a UI engineer’s day to day, such as changing our data architecture to be more easy to use, improving our CI framework to automate more processes, and developing tools that will reduce the amount of boilerplate feature engineers have to write and maintain.
What sets us apart:
- We are a truly mobile-first environment, with an award-winning Android app
- We actively embrace new technology and frameworks, with >80% Kotlin adoption in the code base and wide use of modern libraries such as those from Android Jetpack
- We offer the opportunity to help scale our Android platform as the team and company go through hypergrowth
- You have a strong software engineering foundation with a focus on building systems at scale.
- You have the ability to work with different platforms and frameworks to get things done (e.g. building AS plugins vs configuring CI environment)
- You have an understanding of the tradeoffs of different approaches and ability to weigh factors such as performance and usability
- You understand the importance of tests and how to approach writing tests
- You are self-driven to improve the app and codebase above and beyond what’s defined
- You have experience working as an Android UI engineer and understand the ins and outs of the Android UI framework
- You are familiar with Kotlin, RxJava 2, Dagger 2, and other libraries in our tech stack
- You are familiar with the current state of Android tooling (e.g. CI, Gradle, Firebase)
- You are familiar with different types of Android testing frameworks
- You have experience optimizing Android build times or debugging build related issues
- You have experience automating different parts of the Android development lifecycle (e.g. annotation processor, release automation)
- Dagger 2
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.