About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are building a SOX Compliance and Internal Controls team that will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company’s financial and accounting compliance with the relevant compliance framework. As a team member, you will be responsible for evaluating risks, processes and controls; identifying and mitigating control gaps; partnering with business and IT teams to support the company’s growth and expansion; and ensuring the company’s compliance over financial reporting (ie. SOX 404) and certain other regulatory requirements.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Financial Compliance. We’re looking for senior associate with industry experience with public companies, broker dealers, banking, or other financial services companies.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Participating in the initiative to establish and supporting the company’s SOX compliance framework including performing risk assessment, documenting walkthroughs and conducting tests of design and operational effectiveness for key business and IT processes and controls
- Assisting in the annual and quarterly SOX 404 scoping, risk assessment, controls mapping and changes identification process
- Proactively interacting with business and IT teams to gather information, identify gaps, resolve issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Assessing new processes, or changes to existing processes to identify financial and operational risks before launch, providing recommendations for improvement
- Advocating for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 4+ years of experience, including financial audit/attestation preferably in a Big Four firm or a public company’s internal audit/SOX function or a combination thereof
- Knowledge and experience in Internal Control over Financial Reporting, SOX 404 framework, and the corresponding documentation and testing
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve business process or technology control gaps
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with broker dealer industry and the Internal Control over Compliance (ICOC) framework
- CPA, CIA and CISA certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.