About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
The Model Validation Lead will manage all aspects of Robinhood’s AML transaction monitoring rules. You will be responsible for conducting and documenting tuning and optimization activities, including data validation and analysis that support Robinhood’s AML program to ensure compliance with SEC, FINRA and related regulations.
- Manage the AML transaction rules and red flags while working closely with the Data Analytics team
- Review monthly and daily alerts to ensure AML transaction rules are performing as expected
- Develop an AML transaction rule inventory and lead periodic review
- Develop and maintain standards for segmentation, scenario tuning, peer grouping, and below the line testing
- Design and implement AML risk-based alert scoring
- Work with leadership to define specifications for transaction monitoring models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, or Statistics
- Programming proficiency in SQL, R, Python, SAS,
- 3+ years conducting and documenting tuning and optimization activities related to Transaction Monitoring models, including data validation and statistical analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with an investigative mindset
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Masters degree in a related field
- Experience with one or more industry platforms (e.g., Actimize)
- Experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls
- Experience with Machine Learning
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.