About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role:
At Robinhood, the Head of Brokerage Operations is responsible for managing all Introducing Broker Operations for Robinhood Financial. This scope includes delivering an excellent end-customer experience while mitigating firm risk. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the New Accounts, Market Operations, and Operational Risk team, as well as acting as the primary bridge between our technical and non-technical teams to improve, maintain, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems. You will be coaching and scaling a cross functional team that executes on critical daily business functions, performs account maintenance, supports the on-boarding of new customers, and leads responses to market risk. The candidate will also be the primary RHF point of contact for our Clearing Firm—Robinhood Securities.
As our Head of Brokerage Operations, you will:
- Be responsible for managing all Introducing Broker Operations for Robinhood Financial.
- Manage teams responsible for (but not limited to) New Accounts, Customer Onboarding, Market Operations, and Operational Risk.
- Maintain supervisory authority over introducing brokerage operations functions and ensure up-to-date desktop procedures and written supervisory procedures. In coordination with compliance, design and implement a testing and controls program to ensure adherence to procedures and mitigate risk.
- Champion a culture of compliance by monitoring employee and customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
- Work closely with our clearing, engineering, and product teams to launch, improve, and scale Robinhood products, tools, and systems.
Some things we consider critical to being our Head of Brokerage Operations:
- BA/BS in relevant field
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24e (required)
- FINRA Series 4 license (preferred)
- 7+ years of experience within retail introductory brokerage operations
- Direct to consumer experience preferred
- Deep expertise in options trading
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.