About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
This role will work closely with each of the AML Compliance units and investigative teams to perform Quality Assurance (QA) reviews related to various monitoring and testing activities. The results of these QA reviews will be critical to enhancing the global monitoring and testing processes.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working to standardize QA process (e.g., sampling) for all coverage areas
- Reviewing alert and investigation closure codes by analyst and investigate any potential issues
- Formally tracking and reporting results of QA to coverage areas
- Providing training sessions as needed on training gaps, new technology/process
- Performing QA for “below the line” testing of Transaction Monitoring System scenarios, alert scoring engine and any other AML models
- Reviewing and investigating potential issues as a result of Inputs and Outputs Monitoring Plans
- Assisting with model documentation
- Maintaining the Compliance Monitoring Inventory (e.g., enter new activities, change in staffing) and Scenario Master
- Supporting the Global AML Monitoring Committee by preparing pre-reads, taking minutes
- Supporting future phases of efforts related to tiered monitoring such as auto-closure, segmentation, profiling
- Assisting other special projects as needed
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in a broker-dealer in regulatory compliance, preferably in a QA role
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to broker-dealers including: Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Regulation T, Bank Secrecy Act
- Strong project management and a track record of managing successful teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and process improvements
- Motivation to be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 licenses
- Masters Degree
- SQL, VBA or basic programming skills
- 1+ year of Financial Crimes compliance testing experience
- Management experience over some aspect of brokerage operations, compliance and controls
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.