Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Team: Robinhood is in a period of rapid growth which requires us to scale rapidly and maintain an extremely high quality bar. The Operations Strategy & Insights team is a new team designed to infuse a culture of operational excellence and drive efficiency and effectiveness to enable scale. We develop metrics driven insights and reporting, drive process improvements, help implement best-in-class tools, and project manage cross-functional projects. We are an action-oriented team who question existing processes, identify key risks, review team structures, analyze operational programs, set goals, and partner with functional leaders to continuously grow and improve.
About the Role: As an Operations Strategy & Insights Manager you will identify, scope and project manage critical cross-functional initiatives that increase operational efficiency and effectiveness while reducing risk. You will work with operations leaders to set goals, design metrics dashboards, measure progress and troubleshoot when necessary. This role relies heavily on the ability to navigate ambiguity, develop relationships, create alignment amongst cross-functional teams and execute with speed and quality. This role will report to the Director of Operations Strategy & Insights.
- Manage cross-cutting, months-long operational effectiveness projects that will drive overall business effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct special projects to support scaling Customer Experience, Compliance, People Ops, Clearing Ops, and Market Ops.
- Advise operations teams on scalable organizational structures, hiring plans and process design.
- Collaborate with operations leaders to define and visualize cross-functional metrics and goals.
- Develop effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders to deliver data driven insights and drive process improvements.
- Partner with the business automation engineering team to ensure Operations has the most effective and scalable tooling to drive productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 5+ years working in program management, product operations, consulting, or a cross-functional operational role.
- Exceptional project management skills including organization, ability to meet deadlines, and superior communication skills.
- A love for process improvement, metrics and data-driven decisions.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Nice-to-have: Lean six-sigma or similar certifications.