About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About The role
To democratize the financial system, we’re targeting financial news. Robinhood Snacks is the free daily newsletter and podcast making business stories digestible for an eager audience of Snackers — We curate the top stories you need to know with ones you’d want to know, served up in our unique voice and style. If you want to make business news engaging, understandable, and something readers look forward to jumping into every day, we want you on our team.
You can read more on the acquisition of MarketSnacks that led to the launch of Robinhood Snacks here. And you can review our editorial principles, which we proudly commit to, ensuring independence, quality, and consistently in our reporting.
What you’ll do
- Channel the Robinhood “voice” in everything you produce — Distill complex financial and business concepts into clear, easy to understand, and enjoyable stories that connect with our audience.
- “Content crush” — Work directly with the Snacks team to keep a pulse on news events for Snacks newsletter, podcast, and daily push notifications
- Write stand-out Snacks articles featured in our 3-story daily Snacks newsletter.
- Produce the daily Snacks newsletter for distribution to a large, engaged daily audience, finding relevant pictures, captions, and links that become the ritual of a reader’s day.
- Manage breaking news stories to push directly to Robinhood customers’ phones so they’re armed with up-to-date headlines and info on the companies they hold or care about.
- Support the Snacks team’s live TV work with story preparation before our on-camera appearances.
- Develop creative social media ideas to engage our passionate Snacks audience based on the stories we write daily.
- Quarterback the Snacks news stories by from creation, through the compliance approval process, to publishing, all while making sure we meet our daily publishing deadlines.
- Support additional Robinhood growth initiatives, including building financial literacy resources for our customers.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of writing, journalism, or relevant experience in the financial industry.
- Eagerness to make people’s financial lives better through fantastic written work.
- Ability to combine business smarts and creative wit to produce compelling, engaging, and informative writing that stands out.
- Ability to find new, interesting angles on old topics and uncover new stories
- Analytical thinker who can critically evaluate written content and adhere to company editorial guidelines consistent with Robinhood's long term goals
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Savvy media skills with fresh ideas to scale the distribution of our news and financial literacy brand and articles.
- Excellent research, reporting, and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bonus: Love for movie references or creative analogies will get you ahead at Snacks.